Owning a pet can be extremely rewarding, but it can also be expensive. Pets should be a blessing, not a financial burden. Check out these tips to cut pet care expenses without compromising your pet’s health and well-being.
• Avoid high cost of kennels or dog walkers by tapping into your network of pet-loving friends and family to help with pet sitting or dog walking.
• Spay or neuter your pet to avoid your pet having a litter you can’t afford. Pet Community Center offers low-cost spay and neuter services.
• Take to the Internet for instructions on making your own pet toys from materials you already own.
• Consider buying pet food in bulk from a pet supply store, a wholesale club or even online supplier. And avoid over feeding your pet, which can lead to obesity.
• Don’t skip the vet. Skipping vaccinations or flea and tick medications can lead to costlier investments down the road if your pet develops an infection.
• Learn how to groom your pet at home and safe money on pet grooming services.